Friday, November 11, 2011

Dampers and spheres installed. All done.

 The ball inside the brake accumulator was pretty bad. I've used a new one to push the seat before installing the one that will stay in there.

Three out of four damper were loose. I've cleaned them and torque them (15 ft/lbs). The torque onto the sphere is about 11.5 ft/lbs. Also, on some of them, the threaded part going to the sphere was too long; it should be shorter than 1.6 mm otherwise it would touch the membrane. 

All spheres are installed.

The front and rear brakes were bled.

I wish she was mine...

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spheres back and painted.

The spheres are rebuilt...

... and drying now.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Right side done...

 The right rear brake is done.

We could not open 2 spheres; three are rebuilt.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rear brakes and brake accumulator...

Two spheres are blown; we'll rebuilt all of them. 

The hydraulic system works on vegetable oil. I have noticed a lot of foaming which could explain the  air in the system. 

I'm going to change the shoes.

just in time...

On the left side the shoe placement was wrong. The small shoe (Primary) is supposed to be on the front. Less force goes to the back shoe which is why it is bigger than the front one to even out the braking force.

After conducting a test, the brake accumulator is not doing its job.

The ball inside the accumulator is in bad shape. It could be the problem but since the accumulator is out, we'll open it. 

 The drums are in good shape; just some sanding and cleaning.

Aligning the shoes...

This side is finished.